Ready To Assist With Citizenship
You already have your permanent residence and you’re ready to apply for citizenship. What’s the next step?
At Contreras Law in Port Moody, B.C., we know that the first step is always to ensure that you are already eligible for citizenship. Let our lawyers assist you with the process, clearly explaining your options and answering your questions.
What May Affect Your Application?
Several things can affect a permanent resident’s citizenship application prospects including, but not limited to:
- Length of time as a permanent resident
- Any time legally spent in Canada before becoming a permanent resident
- Time spent outside of Canada after becoming a permanent resident
- Income tax filings
- Knowledge of English and/or French
- Criminal charges or convictions